youtube-64x64

My Samsung Q330 Review - Slim and Powerful PC

Best Blogger Tips

I bought my new and first laptop last last week and I really consider that deal as a jackpot one. Why? Because I just had a stunning P10,000.00 cut from the suggested retail price of P42, 999.00 of the gadget to P33, 000 for their super summer promo. The deal happened in Virra Mall in Greenhills in PC Express branch there. I guess the super promo was also applicable on all branches and I don't know when it will end though but as I clearly remember it will be running on this summer 2011.

Well, let's proceed to another story. What is the experience after I bought and used the lappy for couple of weeks now? Is the laptop worth for my money? How about the features and specs, and pricing too? Yes, I will answer these all below.
Samsung Q330 Specs:

  • Windows 7 Home Premium
  • Intel Core i3 370M processor at 2.4GHz
  • ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD545v External Graphic Processor
  • 4GB DDR3 System Memory
  • 500 GB S-ATA Hard Drive
  • 13.3" LED HD Screen
  • 329 x 229.5 x 26.4 - 32.0mm Dimension
  • 1.97kg Weight
  • 6 Cell Standard Battery up to 7 hours
My highlighted impressions are clearly the one that I felt right from my first used til to the current state. 
  • Very appealing design from back to front.
  • Chiclet keyboard is a sweet thing. 
  • Slim form factor.
  • Multimedia ports and jacks are good deal.
  • Performance of its hardware specs are quite excellent thinking its a 2010 laptop.
  • Battery life is shorter compare from the commercial battery life rating (usage dependent).
  • Don't have back-lit keyboard.




Design.
One of the best physical feature of the Samsung Q330 is definitely its sleek and elegant design. It will most likely be noticed on the keyboard and control keys with blue LEDs and silver detail. The slim form factor is what you should expect as a slim but not that super slim compare to MacBook Air or Samsung Series 9. The thickness is comparable to netbooks.
However, the large bezel border around the screen isn't what everyone like to have. Maybe they could have more facelift on it like edge to edge design but ohh, I think I'm just wishing too much for this 2010 sexy pc at all. :)

Performance.
Having this first gen Intel i3 processor is makes me more excited to experience about. Plus the 4GB DDR3  RAM is quite new to me because I my desktop in home has only 2GB. And what should we look about is the built in Nvidia graphics on this one 'coz playing multimedia content is what more people seeks on their PC now a days.

Running simultaneous programs was a swift. Really no pain on running Tweetdeck, 10+ tabs on Chrome, Media Player, Ovi Suite, MS Paint and sometimes together with Crysis game at one. Didn't push more apps because a regular PC netbook user wouldn't go too much on that. But soon I will try to run Photoshop and Adobe Light Room once I've installed. Yes, Crysis: Warhead was perfect on this lappy from graphics to audio. :)

Enough with the bright side, my little complaint go to the boot up of the system. I am no expert my self  but booting Windows 7 takes a longer time compare on my desktop that has Windows 7 Ultimate. I am quite disappointed when I saw the Samsung NP-QX410 to have this 3 seconds boot up time, but I should say that it was due to fact that Q330 was released first and NP QX410 feature a higher specs.

Battery Life.
The bundled battery on Samsung Q330 is 6 cells battery for 5900mAh. The product feature says the battery life is up to 7 hours. Of course, battery life is very dependent on usage. I will just highlights some battery usages.

Heavy tasks: 10+ chrome tabs, tweetdeck and bit torrent with WiFi mode and bluetooth mouse will give you a span of up to 3hours.
Moderate taks: No bluetooth mouse but with browsing and bit torrent will make up to 4hours+ with the LCD screen at 50% brightness
Light: LCD screen is at lowest brightness and only bit torrent is running will give you a stunning ave. of 6 hours.

These usages are still dependent on users. Mostly on the programs or apps that you run simultaneously like antivirus and sync based apps.

Conclusion.
Surely, the Samsung Q330 has still the guts to par its 2011competitors, and if we would look to PCs alike to it. The only difference from the others is of course the price point where hardware is the greatest feats' differences. From the design to quality, Samsung is undoubtedly a brand that you would trust.





Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Rating on my Samsung Q330:


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More